Eugene DeRosa, architect. Built by Fortune Gallo. Foreclosed after the market crash. In 1933, became the Casino de Paris, a nightclub run by Billy Rose. WPA took over in 1937. CBS acquired the space in 1942, used it as a studio, and sold it in 1972. The new owners opened a disco, Studio 54, making headlines for the celebrities in attendance as well as the embezzlement scandal that forced them to sell it in 1980. Roundabout Theatre Company bought the theatre after "Cabaret" (1998) was a success there.